Tip : Sharing a Route using Windows 8 MapsPosted: October 18, 2012 | |
|Windows 8 have tight Social Media Integration. Unlike other Operating Systems, there is consistency in the way this is implemented and can be invoked. From a user point of view, he can accomplish this using the same steps across all apps built for Windows 8.|
The Share option is available thru the Charms Bar
We will use the Windows 8 Maps App to demonstrate this. In that course we will also see how neatly it’s implemented.
- Fire up the Maps app
- Right Click with in the app
- Select “Directions” from the Menu Bar appearing at the bottom
- Key in your Source and Target Destinations
- Generate the Route by clicking the button integrated with the Target Destination Field, Your Route will Appear in the Maps area with Directions
- Invoke the “Charms Bar” by either Swiping in from the right edge on your tablet screen or by moving your mouse cursor to the right hand edge of the app on a Desktop
- Select “Share” icon.
- Select the Sharing App – Mail or People, We will use the Mail App in our demo
- A Compose mail form appear at the right hand edge of the Screen
- Select your Account that will be used for sending the mail
- Key in your contact email id.
- You can see that the message body is neatly populated with the Directions, a snapshot of the maps and snapshots of your source and targets.
- Click on Send Mail to share the route thru email.
The above steps are applicable to other Apps built for Windows 8. Based on the App, what you are sharing will vary.
- Getting your hands dirty with Windows 8 (techcurrents.wordpress.com)